Experience Hocking Hills through the lens of a historical train ride throughout the scenic Hockings Hills landscapes.
The Hocking Valley Scenic Railway hosts numerous unique events throughout the year. Experience the historical and the modern aspects of train travel! Construction on the railway began in 1867 and has been in use ever since construction was completed. HVSR is run by volunteers who are thrilled to keep history alive with scenic train rides!
They have great romantic rides available.
- Elegant Dinner Train Rides, where you and your special someone can enjoy a 4 course meal created by well known local Chef Alfonso Contrisciani, all while taking in the scenic sights on this 3 hour ride.
- If BBQ is your go to, checkout the Starbrick BBQ & Brew express, enjoy a local brew and choice of BBQ, sides and desert on your 2 hour scenic ride through SE Ohio.
- If theater is your passion, you can enjoy Ohio’s Friendliest Train Robbery! A family friendly interactive theater experience while you enjoy your 2 hour train ride.
Some Seasonal Events to look out for:
- There is the Fall Foliage Train Ride, an amazing way to see the stunning leaf change in the area. Only a few weeks left to experience this once a year sensation, as the entire landscape transforms from shades of green to deep reds, oranges and yellows for miles and miles!
- Halloween Train Ride for kids, trunk or treat and costumes encouraged!
- The Santa Christmas Ride is the most popular of all the rides offered! An exciting opportunity for families to meet Santa while riding the Polar Express to the North Pole!
- New Years Eve Train Ride and fireworks. There are 2 sections on this train, the Wine and Cheese section for adults or the Pizza and Pop section for kids and families. The train makes a stop at midnight to enjoy the New Year fireworks display, before heading back to the station.