Hocking Hills most unique couples or family cabin, the Boat House features a private dock and gazebo, with a luxurious private sauna on the lake. In the warmer months, you can explore the lake in the seasonal row boat, and in the cooler months, build a crackling fire in the wood burning fireplace! In additional to the outdoor amenities, the Boat House boasts a King-sized bed in the spacious bedroom, with a queen-sized sleeper sofa in the living room. Make memories that will last a lifetime at the Boat House!
Of all of our luxury cabins, The Boat House offers the most rustic experience having originally been a pole barn. The Boat House has had many updates over the years and is now one of our most popular accommodations.
Private patio at the rear of the Boat House includes a fire pit (wood is available for sale), 2-person hammock and private picnic area.
Boat House Features
- 2 adult, 2 child cabin with gorgeous lake views (Base price includes up to 2 guests, additional guest charges will apply beyond that.)
- Private Lake, Dock and Fishing Boat
- The lake is stocked with striped and largemouth bass, hybrid blue gill, perch and sauger. Fishing is catch-and-release with barb-less hooks.
- Private Lakeside Sauna
- Large family room with panoramic view of pristine 2.5 acre lake
- Wood-burning fireplace (wood is available for sale) -Indoor fireplaces are a seasonal amenity and only available for use from October through April. The fireplaces produce an extensive amount of heat and are only applicable for use during the winter season. Thank you for your understanding. Please note: firewood may not be brought to Cherry Ridge Retreat under any circumstances
- Entertainment Center with a SmartTV in the bedroom and HD TV in the living room, featuring over 200 HD satellite channels.
- Large bedroom with deluxe king-sized pillow top bed, queen-size sleeper sofa in family room. Linens, pillows, and blankets provided.
- Telephone with free long distance
- Wi-Fi is included
- Spacious fully-tiled designer bath suite with radiant floor heating
- Central Air / Heat
- Stereo system equipped with Sirius satellite radio.
- All natural Aveda bath products and ultra-plush towels
- Generous living spaces with large family room and vaulted ceilings, recessed lighting, ceiling fans, and wide plank wood floors. Entertainment options include: SmartTV in the bedroom, and HDTV with Satellite Programming in the living room.
- Galley-style kitchen with full-sized appliances, Calphalon cookware, coffee maker and grinder, blender, and food processor. The Boat House does not have a dishwasher.
- Private patio with hot tub and gas grill (propane included)
- Fire-side lounging chairs and hammock
- Fire pit with firewood (additional charges) Please note: firewood may not be brought to Cherry Ridge Retreat under any circumstances
- Lakeside sauna house with changing room
- Covered bar with accent lighting
- Waterside dining area with accent lighting
- Catch and release fishing with private John Boat (life jackets supplied, required for children)
- Access to 140+ forested acres and miles of serene woodland trails (trail maps included)
- In Cabin Massage (additional charge)
The Boat house is the only cabin that was constructed entirely from wood milled on our property. Initially built as a storage barn, the Boat House has had many updates over the years and is now one of our most popular accommodations!
The Boat House had been used as a Guest House when the Lake House was a private home. Separate Gazebos on the lake insure privacy while dining or conversing on the water. Separation is maintained both physically and visually through discrete plantings and separate parking. Every effort has been made to assure the privacy and comfort of our guests.
You will fall in love with our stunning bathroom with radiant floor heating. The warmth to the touch when you get in from the hot tub or out of the shower is to die for.