Perched atop a lush hill, The Observatory features sweeping views of the surrounding area, taking advantage of the unique topography and extraordinary privacy that are unique to Cherry Ridge Retreat of Hocking Hills.
From your secluded poolside deck, you can enjoy unparalleled stargazing while taking advantage of the signature luxuries that have become a hallmark of Cherry Ridge Retreat. The Observatory features its own Celestron Astromaster EQ Telescope, a Hot Springs Hot Tub situated to take advantage of the views, an in-ground cold plunge water feature and a seasonal in-ground heated swimming pool, to provide you with your very own Ohio Spa-in-the-woods.
The Observatory Features
- 2 Person cabin with generous living space
- Private swimming pool and cold plunge
- Celestron Astromaster EQ Telescope
- Covered entrance porch with dining table, recessed lighting, ceiling fan, SONOS Music System, Gas Grill (propane included)
- Custom designed kitchen with stainless appliances, maple cabinetry and quartz countertops. Accessories include: coffee maker and grinder, blender, food processor and stainless cookery.
- Large living room with vaulted ceiling and panoramic views includes gas log fireplace, entertainment center and plush seating. Indoor fireplaces are a seasonal amenity and only available for use after Labor Day and before Memorial Day. Thank you for your understanding.
- Entertainment Center with 3 HD TV’s and over 200 HD satellite channels, Blu-ray player with access to our movie library, all hooked through our bluetooth enabled sound bar
- In addition to the 55” TV in the living room, TV’s are also located in the bedroom and bathroom suite
- SONOS Music System with streaming music and multi-room connectivity throughout. Listen to multiple streaming services in two different rooms and on the porch at once.
- Telephone with free long distance
- Wi-Fi is available (additional charge)
- Central Air / Heat
- Large bedroom suite with King Size Sleigh Bed. Bedroom opens to designer bathroom suite through vaulted 10’ doorway.
- Bathroom suite features a sunken two-person open shower with a high volume rain-maker shower head and two pedestal sinks
- All natural Aveda bath products and ultra-plush towels
- Illuminated 6′ tall stained glass window adds color and intrigue.
- Outdoor Hot Tub conveniently located next to the walkout bathroom suite and situated to take advantage of breathtaking views
- Year-round sunken cold plunge pool
- Seasonal in-ground swimming pool. Pool is heated to 82 degrees Memorial Weekend through Labor Day Weekend. Pre-season or post-season heating may be available (additional charges apply).
- Fire pit with firewood (additional charge) Please note: firewood may not be brought to Cherry Ridge Retreat under any circumstances
- Catch and release fishing
- Access to 140+ forested acres and miles of serene woodland trails (trail maps included)
- In Cabin Massage (additional charge)
Sited to maximize the views while ensuring absolute privacy, the Observatory cabin looks out on the Hocking Hills nature in all directions and offers uninterrupted view sheds of the sky and the surrounding hills and forests. If your goal is to get away from it all while maintaining only the highest standard of luxury, The Observatory is the perfect choice.
As always at Cherry Ridge Retreat, our interiors feature vaulted ceilings and large expanses of glass for an optimally spacious environment that brings you closer to your beautiful surroundings. The large living room includes comfortable seating and a deluxe array of entertainment options. Our gas log fireplace combines elegance with convenience. A cozy fire is just a flip of a switch away.
The open plan interior at the Observatory provides direct access to a fabulous Kitchen that will satisfy the true gourmet with state-of-the-art stainless appliances. Accessories include: coffee maker and grinder, blender, food processor and stainless cookery. Custom lighting accents rich cabinetry and beautiful Quartz Counters. A large Pub Table with comfortable seating completes the space.
The spacious Bedroom Suite includes a King Size Sleigh Bed. Reading lamps are situated on either side of the bed. A 10′ wide vaulted doorway from the Bedroom faces a dramatic recessed shower centered in the bathroom suite. A 14” square high-volume rain-maker shower head hangs from an 11’ ceiling. The backdrop for this magnificent shower is a custom made stained glass window. Two pedestal sinks complete this magnificent area. This deluxe bathroom is unique in Hocking Hills and will ensure that you feel pampered in the woods.
Outdoor amenities include a Hot Springs Hot Tub conveniently located next to the fully-tiled bathroom suite and situated to take advantage of breathtaking views of wildlife in their natural habitat. Steps away is a year-round sunken cold plunge. Cold plunge pools have been around in some form for thousands of years and have been used in Chinese medicine for their therapeutic effects. Many people, at first hesitant to experience such a shock to the system, soon learn the health benefits of immersing your body in very cold water following exercise, sports, or exposure to the high temperatures found in spas and saunas. The popularity of the plunge pool speaks volumes for its effect on a person’s feeling of general well-being. Exposing your body to a heated environment and then immediately plunging into cold water, even for only thirty seconds or so, benefits the body in many ways, mainly by stimulating blood circulation. A quick dip in a plunge pool is not only invigorating; it benefits the entire body.
Adjacent to the hot tub and cold plunge is a seasonal in-ground free form heated swimming pool. You will enjoy countless hours of mental and physical relaxation including private romantic evening soaks, sunset reflections on your own terrace and those quiet relaxing mornings poolside. Steps away are a stone terraced hillside with a recessed wood burning fire pit (wood is available for sale) and Adirondack chairs.
A one-of-a-kind accommodation, The Observatory at Cherry Ridge Retreat is an address of distinction for a discriminating few.