There certainly is!
Equestrian Ridge Farm
- 26711 Pumpkin Ridge Road New Plymouth OH 45654
- The closest option! Only 15 minutes from Cherry Ridge Retreat!
Equestrian Ridge offers a number of riding options:
- Meadow Ride- great for families and small kids. An hour long stroll through the rolling meadows.
- Four Seasons Trail Ride-Available year round. No steep drops or difficult hills, this ride is a scenic ride through the meadows and wooded hillsides. Great for all experience levels.
- Hilltops and Hollers Ride- Variable ride, this ride is adaptable depending on your choice of meadows, hilltops or wooded hillsides. This ride lasts about 90 minutes.
- Caves and Secret Places- this 90 minute ride goes into the hillsides to explore the rocks, caves and waterfalls hidden in the wooded forest. This ride is not for beginners and may not be available after heavy rains.
- Horsing Around Ride- Private ride, perfect for couples or family outtings. This ride will simply be your, your special someone and your guide. Ride lasts 60-90 minutes and can be a variable mixture of wooded trails or rolling meadows, up to you!
Happy Trails Horse Back Riding
- 25851 Big Pine Rd, Rockbridge OH 43149
- 30 minute drive from your Cherry Ridge Retreat cabin!
Beginner, Intermediate and Expert trails available, so you can enjoy at all experience levels!
In addition to a traditional horseback ride, there are a few unique offerings available:
- Breakfast with the Horses
Bond with and get to know your horse before your ride. You will feed, brush and saddle the horse with help from the expert guides, plus you get your own breakfast of bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy and a drink! Yum! This package is a bit over 2 hrs, 1 hour to eat and say hello to your horse and 1 hr to ride!
- Picnic with the Horses
Bring along a lunch to put in your saddle bag! Ride out to a beautiful and scenic area and enjoy your food and the view! This package is 1 hr ride and 1 hr meal time.
Uncle Buck’s Riding Stable
- 73930 Buck Lane, New Marshfield, OH 45766
- Only 33 Minutes from Cherry Ridge Retreat!
Located near Lake Hope state park, Uncle Buck’s in a local favorite.
Choose from 3 trail options:
- Coal Bucket Trail- A 1 hr ride on the coal bucket trail, perfect for families and riders of all experience levels!
- Lookout Rock trail- A beautiful 2 hour ride that winds down to Racoon Creek (the longest creek in the world) and passes under Lookout Rock!
- Moonville Ride- A 2.5 hr ride, touring through the “haunted” Moonville tunnel and through the Moonville cemetery!
Also on property is the The Lady Buck Saloon, an old west style restaurant to have a nice drink and meal after your ride!
Blue Moon Acres
- 18920 Keifel Road Laurelville, OH 43135
- (740) 380-6230
- Located 36 minutes from Cherry Ridge Retreat
Over 20 different trail options available, ranging from beginner to expert riding level.
Unique offering: PRIVATE RIDES. For an additional charge, you’re guaranteed a private ride. Only you and your special someone and your guide on your ride, no screaming kids or chatty strangers to ruin your perfect private horseback ride.
Not ideal for kids, most trails are too extreme for little ones!
Spotted Horse Ranch
- 17325 Deffenbaugh Road Laurelville Ohio 43135
- Located 42 minutes from Cherry Ridge Retreat
Spotted Horse Ranch offers some unique riding packages:
- One Hour Ride
- Two Hour Ride
- Cowboy Cookout Ride, consisting of a two hour ride, then off to a meal cooked over an open fire. After an hour or so of eating and socializing, you’re off on the trail again for another couple of hours of trail riding before riding back into the sunset.